Smart City Solution - City of Future Solutions3 years ago - IT, IoT - India - 441 views
Rapid urbanization has mandated the need for smart city solutions. Experts' worldwide point out that smart cities will be the future enablers in accelerating economic growth and improving the quality of citizens' lifestyle.
Mindteck's smart city solutions are designed keeping in mind the growing importance of information and communication technologies (ICTs). Our comprehensive suite of smart city solutions ranges from traffic management, energy efficiency to e-governance, intelligent lighting systems, home and building efficiency systems and smart healthcare.
Our strong focus on IoT/M2M and deep understanding of wireless design and connectivity solutions, has led to our nomination to the Bureau of Indian Standards --a panel to help design the standards on Smart Infrastructure for Indian Smart Cities. We also have several global collaborations with recognized and trusted technology ecosystems, including the Intel IOT Solution Alliance, Thread Group, IoT Global Network and Zigbee alliance.
Our Smart City solutions spread across multiple domains.
- Mindteck provides three different types of smart parking solutions - ZigBee Sensor-based, Ultrasonic senor-based and Wi-Fi camera-based catering to street side parking, indoor parking and multi-level parking.
- Our recently unveiled Car Parking Occupancy Detection and Management solution uses field mounted Wi-Fi-based cameras, and is a robust, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end solution. The solution comprises Wi-Fi-based outdoor HD cameras, Wi-Fi routers and Wi-Fi range extenders to provide the required Wi-Fi coverage and high-end server infrastructure.
Mindteck has a suite of solutions in the areas of smart energy & utilities as shown below:
Our meter data acquisition system is compatible with various types of meters and is feature-rich.
Smart Healthcare Solutions
Mindteck recently collaborated on receiving FDA approval on a patient monitoring innovation for a medical device manufacturer based in Europe. We developed the complete software for their portable telemedicine remote diagnostic equipment. The device, primarily will be used to monitor different vital signs of human body and transmit all medical data in real time to the doctor's remote destination.
The entire system is comprised of three major components:
- The Monitoring Device - A touch-screen, compact, robust, highly portable device that monitors all the vital signs of the human body and transmits data using any available communication interface.
- The Data Center - A PC-based application which primarily acts as a router, along with other secondary audit trail activities.
- The Response Center - A PC-based application; all medical data monitored in the device is transferred to the Response Center and displayed in real time.
Mindteck, in tandem with two other consortium partners, is working on implementing statewide implementation of eNagarpalika in India. This will provide the urban development department with powerful data analytical capabilities for organized information management and enhanced citizen participation.
The project will enable the delivery of government services integrated with various Zila Parishads under one platform. It will benefit citizens by enabling easy access to services, such as birth and death certificates, building approval permissions, property tax and other government-related documents and services. This also has the capability to provide advanced analytics.
In 2010, we developed an Intelligent Lighting Solution for a UK-based utility company that has announced record reductions in energy consumption and CO2 emissions. Mindteck developed the complete hardware and software for the system. Prior to installation of energy efficient lanterns, the street lighting was consuming around 50m kWh of energy a year. This will be successfully reduced to 34m kWh this year.
Building Efficiency Research Model
Mindteck helped build a world-class research model for building efficiency through its engagement with SinBerBEST, (Singapore-Berkeley Building Efficiency and Sustainability in the Tropics), a joint research collaboration between the University of California, Berkeley, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and other agencies and groups in Singapore. According to recent research, buildings consume 70% of the world's electricity, resulting in enormous waste due to generation distribution, construction, design and operational efficiencies. In Singapore alone, building energy consumption is at 25%.
SinBerBEST focuses on the cooperative optimization of the interactions between the grid, the building and its occupants as an ecosystem. Its vision is to create a building that responds to demand from occupants and processes that will ensure controlled energy consumption and a comfortable working environment. The focus on smart tropical buildings is based upon a study showing that 40% of the world's population lived in the tropics in 2008 and that this will grow to 60% by 2060.