Telensa Wireless Smart Parking Solutions10 months ago - IT, IoT - England - 208 views
Reduces congestion, enforcement costs and driver frustration
Telensa’s on-street parking monitoring system enables cities to automatically inform road users where to find available parking spaces and to reduce enforcement costs. This leads to lower city congestion and higher parking revenues due to increased occupancy rates per bay. The vehicle detection unit uses a magnetic sensor to detect when a car parks over the device. When this occurs a message is sent to the central system via Telensa’s long range UNB radio system. The central system is integrated with a back-end server for operational control as well as a consumer web interface.
The Telensa difference
- Proven business case for the whole city
- A fraction of the cost of camera-based systems, with no privacy concerns
- Wide-area wireless from the world #1 in connected street lighting – no need for dedicated parking infrastructure
- Rugged sensors with 7-year battery, 10 minute installation
- Applications for central control, space location and enforcement
Telensa Smart Parking is deployed in the largest parking monitoring system in the world – in Moscow, where congestion has been cut by over a quarter since installation. Other significant deployments include St. Petersburg and Kazan in Russia, Minsk in Belarus, and Shanghai and Shenzhen in China.